Please click on the link below to open application form:
Basic information about the adoption process
Paws 4 Homes Foundation is non -profit organisation set up only to safeguard the wellbeing of homeless and abused dogs in Cyprus as well as other animals if needed.
First thing to do when you are interested in adopting a dog:
- The ladies/admins of the foundation are all volunteers. We will answer you as soon as they find time as they have dog cleaning and vet runs to do besides working and having families.
- Please ask for the adoption application form if you haven’t already got it.
- All our adoptions are subject to a satisfactory Home Check. Local volunteersdo this on our behalf.
- You will be asked to pay a reservation fee of £100 for the dog you want if your application passes the initial stage. This will be refunded if you don’t pass the home check. The deposit allows the rescue to find cheap tickets so the dog can fly at minimum cost.
- If you pass the home check you will be asked to pay in parts the rest of the amount before the dog travels. As soon as the dog finishes any medical treatments you will be asked to send the amount for paying the vet.
- 10 days before the flight you will need to pay the last payment which will be for veterinary papers and delivery of the dog.
- If you regret and cancel the adoption after the home check and when the flight is booked the amount deposited is not refunded.
- Payments will be done via paypal to email@example.com or Revolut wherever possible. Both are secure means of payment.
- Before your dog travels an adoption agreement form will be sent to you and you must return this signed and sent back via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the dog leaves Cyprus.
- The adoption agreement requires the adopter to neuter any pup they adopt at their own expense, we will advice on the appropriate age.Adoption Fees UKThe overall cost total cost will be between £650 and £700 depending on travel arrangements, age and size of the dog.You need to pay the costs up front in stages before travel as the rescue does not have the funds to prepare the dog for the travel otherwise.
Your new dog will be:
Fully health checked
Vaccinated including Parvo and Rabies
Wormed (2 times at least if a pup)
Flea and tick treatment
Blood tested for Erlichia and Leishmania if an adult dog Neutered if old enough/applicable (over 8 months old) Passport with all above details will be included
If the dog is sick or needs a therapy/medications while in Cyprus the rescue covers the expenses. If you wish to contribute to your dog’s vet bill the rescue will be very grateful.
Currently we mainly fly to mainland Europe and from there a courier will pick it up and transfer your dog to UK by a specially separated with crates van (via Eurotunnel). The courier will bring your dog to a meeting point for you to collect or your home if its feasible.
If you are in the UK we sometimes may use direct flights to one of the UK airports Gatwick, Manchester, Bristol, Glasgow (and Birmingham in summer) as cargo and you will have to travel to airport to pick up your dog and its crate.
There will be a flight chat to which you will be added and a messenger link given to all people with dogs who are travelling on the same journey, so you can monitor the progress of the journey and when the delivery finishes you can use the chat for keeping in touch with each other.
If you are in other European countries you will need to drive to the airport to pick up the dog as its only direct flight without delivery.
Adoption Fees UK:
The overall cost total cost will be between £650 to £700 depending on travel arrangements, age and size of the dog and which area of the UK you live in. The fee varies due to the airline charges and the distance of travel in the UK.
Adoption Fees Europe:
The overall cost total cost will be between 360 Euro to 500 Euro depending on travel arrangements, age and size of the dog and which area of the Europe you live in. The fee varies due to the airline charges and the distance of travel in the Europe.
You will need to pay the costs up front before travel as the rescue does not have the funds to prepare the dog for the travel otherwise.
On behalf of the dogs of Cyprus and the Paws4 Homes Team